Monday, November 1, 2010

FOCUS

Yes, it's my dream car, but we are not going to talk about Ford Focus here.

Most people advice others to have focus in order to achieve success in life. "Focus on what?" is usually the question that comes to my mind.

Honestly speaking, I'm easily distracted by even simple things. These distractions makes me lose my focus and tend to forget what I was concentrating about. But the bigger question is: What am I focusing on in the first place?

Fears. Obstacles. Commands. Useless. Sacrifices.

Have you ever lost something or someone because of focusing too much on the things I mentioned above? I'm sure we all have. Personally, I have lost clients just because I was so focused on the fear of rejection and the obstacles I have to face to continue the transactions. I've known people who lost eagerness and excitement in what they do just because they concentrated on the sacrifices they have to make instead of the benefits of their work. I'm sure most of us lost some precious time with family and friends just because of focusing on useless things in life. Being distracted from focusing on these things are definitely needed. Have a break, evaluate where your focus is.

Freedom. Opportunities. Creativity. Usefulness. Success.

Now these are the things we should concentrate about. This is more than positive thinking or optimism; this is having focus on good things and not get distracted by anything or anyone. I'm not saying to always dream of the future and forget about the reality of today. No, we should still be realistic but we have to be optimistic. Realism is for our "today", optimism is for our "tomorrow". I'll give you an example:
(Being realistic) Today, I only have P1000.
(Being optimistic) I can use this money to invest on something that could increase my money for tomorrow.
(Being pessimistic) I need to spend this money today for my expenses, then I'll have no money for tomorrow.

Do you see the difference now? Okay, I'll give you a test.

I have here a business opportunity that could give you an extra $200 every week. Capital starts at $350. Do you think it's a good investment?

Where did you focus on? The capital or the income potential? Most people focus on the capital, that's why there are a lot of poor people today.

Having FOCUS is a secret weapon for success. But any weapon, if not used for the good, can lead to destruction. What are you focusing on today? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment