Sunday, May 2, 2010

Not Enough? Just Enough? More Than Enough?

In your life right now, are you aware of your financial reality?


Do you say your finances are...


Not enough?

Believe it or not, some rich people tend to think they do not have enough. What do I mean? If you would observe those kind of rich people, they do not seem to be satisfied with what they have because they have BIG DREAMS they have not fulfilled yet. In general, people who say they do not have enough are those people who do sacrifices just to make ends meet. They do more than enough than the usual because of that sense of lack. An example of this is a person who has extra jobs that eat up most of his time.


Just enough?
I would think that people who say they just have enough are those people who are financially secure. A man could say he has enough when his needs are always met. People from this group usually do things in a routine and gets the same results every time. One example of this is a typical employee who gets paid every 15 days and spends his money in paying the bills and other expenses then is left with little or no savings. This seems to be a cycle for him having the same expectations every time.


More than enough?
I admire people who could say that they have more than enough because they are those who know their needs and wants and are able to get both not only for themselves but for others as well. Generous people usually come from this group. Because they are blessed, they are able to bless others as well.


Would you agree with me that in order to answer my main question, you need to know what "enough" means? This factor differs from one person to another. A million pesos may not be enough, just enough or more than enough to one person. It actually depends on our mindset.

To tell you the truth, I was able to answer my main question with those three answers as well. There are days in my life that feels I do not have enough, I have enough and I have more than enough. And I'm pretty sure you had the same experience as well. So what's the point in answering my question? It's being aware of our reality not in the past but in our present time.

Does desiring to have more mean you are not contented? I would say NO. Contentment, for me, is being aware of that joy inside of you. When you desire to have more, it is just that you would be more joyful to be able to share that joy to other people. In simpler terms, a contented man who desires to have more is a happy man who could be happier. Contentment deals with the present time while desiring to have more deals with the present and the future at the same time so it is very possible to be contented yet is desiring to have more.

A contented man can also dream, do you agree? In my next blog, I would be sharing about dreams so watch out for it. Thank you for reading and I hope you could leave a comment or a violent reaction. Haha! :D

2 comments:

  1. you doin freelance writing? hehe... read this blog.. perspective speaks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freelance writing? Not really. Blogging for me is more like of an avenue for releasing my thoughts. It's like I'm documenting them so that I could eventually get back to them in the future. I like sharing thoughts as well and when I blog, I get to somewhat organize those thoughts that helps in delivering my real message.

    ReplyDelete